Friday, June 25, 2010

Paula Sher article

So im blogging about the article What they dont teach you about identity design in design schools... and here is my response.

had a hard time wrapping myself into this lengthy commentary. Im one for short and sweet, make your point and get on with it. she droned on about whats not taught in design schools, when is this?? 10 years ago??? how present day is she referring??? what school or school was she referring??? it was easier for me to get the gist on this by the bloggers replies to the post! sorry, im just unfamiliar with paula, other than her quote in our textbook "Design Matters"- call me ignorant.
ok. so designers need to strategists/ psychiatrists and they need to be communicated to every step of the way. Obviously that doesn't get to happen in modern day. its not just designers that get left out in some way or other, i assure you. it also depends on what school is teaching what and who is behind the thinking for the curriculum.
Beware students: ur in for a rough awakening in the outside world!!

ok. spoke my peace, heres ur chance to crucify me so let err rip!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment