Saturday, February 5, 2011

10 Fave Artists

I've broken this down into two categories since for me, artists is a LARGE topic to cover. I obviously love the loud, different style of music, it's how I unwind, exercise, get into a good mood or even clean my house. Second category is my favorite artists that I particularly like. There are so many other artists that I enjoy ranging from tattoo artists, to the 3D artists that use chalk on sidewalks and the mural painters that use their hands to paint a huge mural. Just amazes me and makes me want to do that!!


Music
1) Van Halen
2) Metallica
3) Judas Priest
4) Nevermore
5) Testament
6) Megadeth
7) Motley Crue
8) Scar Symmetry
9) Pantera
10) 3 Inches of Blood

Art
1) Luis Royo - A friend of mine opened my eyes to the art of Luis Royo, his paintings are BREATHTAKING!!! I love his style and talent!!
This photo is one of my favorites because it's what I'd like to see myself as in a few years:


2) Tim Cotterrill- my fave sculptor so far, I have a small collection of frogs he's designed over the years. Tim uses a bronze casting and an amazing patina that makes the colors on the frogs and coy fish, breathtaking. I just LOVE collecting his art, when I can afford them!!

3) Pierre Auguste Renoir - french impressionist painter, I just enjoy his style and technique. He painted women beautifully whether clothed or not and he wasn't scared to use color! He brought out lights and made his paintings look like it was a nice sunny day, they made me smile when I would see them.

4) Boris Vallejo - Boris and his wife have done some amazing art over the years, some album covers, definitely books and magazines, calendars and book/ movie covers. I love how he gets his flesh tones, he is awesome.

5) Piet Mondrian - a Dutch painter that created just a basic grid and painted a few blocks using the primary colors red, yellow and blue. I studied his technique in Commercial Art classes and found that no matter what art you design, you are using a Mondrian technique of lines and blocks.

6) Doug Johnson
7) Roger Dean
8) Derek Riggs - Doug, Roger and Derek are designers that have done album cover art for many bands over the years. They've inspired me and made me appreciate what a dying art it is nowadays.

9) M.C. Escher- I just like to stare at his designs and put myself into them. Walking up or down the staircase, walking around and through corridors, looking into the glass ball. He has created some amazing, twisted artwork.

10) Myself - yes myself, I'll take that moment to glorify myself and say I am a decent artist, I love to create, draw, paint and do whatever I can to feel free and explore a wonderful feeling of thinking or going outside of myself and creating something I can be happy about.

No comments:

Post a Comment