Saturday, February 5, 2011

10 Best Books

See, I am a weird bird. I like the autobiographies and fantasy books. Since I have been in school I haven't had any chance to do any leisure reading, just text books and design magazines. These are just a few of the books I have read and I'll probably list a few of books I'd like to read next.

1) Anne McCafferey has a series called The Dragonriders of Pern, I fell in love with the series. If you can get into the whole fantasy of dragons and a sci-fi twist to the books, I'd recommend it.


2) Percy Jackson and the Olympians series from Rick Riordan is next on my list. Another fantasy/ mythology book series, based on the what if principle on the Gods of Greek Mythology actually spawning with a mortal and that child's life as he grows up developing and learning of his odd skills and traits.

3) Ozzy Osbourne collaborated on his autobiography 'I Am Ozzy' and it was fabulous! Agreat read but wished for more stories!! Ozzy is a great performer and I enjoyed his reality series show, to read about his life and all the trials and tribulations was amazing. And yet, he still lives and sings!! Just barely audible tho, but he still saunters on!

4) Motley Crue- The Dirt was a cool read all about the band and their struggles. I'm an '80s metalhead kind of gal, reading this was cool to see what the real poop on the band really was. I was shocked about ALLLL the stories, was aware of just a few. A good read if you get into the rock n roll lifestyle. :)

5) Nikki Sixx- The Heroin Diaries, after reading 'The Dirt' and learning about all the drug stories within the band, this was an amazing read. Nikki Sixx is the bass player for the band, he died a few times due to heroin overdoses and came back to tell about it. He published this in a diary format like the original with pictures and omissions of course, it is a raw, dark eye opener of a book that really opens your eyes to the disease (or stupidity) of addiction.


6) Valerie Bertinelli- Losing It & Finding It. I just wanted to know about her life with Eddie Van Halen and I read a self help book about losing weight, don't get me wrong, it's a great book. I just don't have her drive, stamina and money to afford a personal trainer and exercise routine
through weight watchers.

7) Howie Mandel- Don't Touch Me. This was a great, funny read!! Howie has an Obsessive Compulsive Disorder and does not like to be touched! Hence he is always giving people a fist pump instead of a handshake.


8) The Twilight Series - I'm a vampire fan, I love the books but the movies are weak. Something about a different kind of love story with a weird twist that reads interesting for me.


9) The Van Halen Saga - I'm a huge Van Halen fan, I live to read and know more about the band. Yes, I would love to design album covers and do band things for the music I love. Van Halen music as well as many other bands made me want to be creative.


10) The Autobiography of Lemmy- White Line Fever-He still has a penchant for alcohol and drugs, I don't think that will ever quit - unless he dies. This is just a thin book on his life, dreams, achievements and well, highs.


11) Cant forget the whole Harry Potter series. I love the whole idea that a 12 year old could possibly have magical powers, and there is a castle that happens to be a school that teaches all the cool magical things, other than at Universal Studios. I think I read this entire series within 3 months, I also believe they need to go back and redo the movies to more closely follow the books!! But that's just me.


12) I did start to read the Carl Jeung book when I was in Psychology. I thought I'd get to read it at some point but I've been busy with classes and not able to open it back up. I do like to read intellectual books once and a while.


and for the to be reads...

1) Sharon Osbourne- Survivor

2) Dave Mustaine- Heavy Metal Memoirs

3) Rudy Sarzo- Off the Rails
4) Bobby Blotzer- Tales of a Ratt (no it's not a typo)

5) Vince Neil- Tattoos & Tequilla
Yes, I like knowing the rock n roll lifestyle. I do like other books, but these fascinate me more.

I don't sit down with books unless they appeal to me from the start.
On the rare occasion i get to dig around a bookstore I usually peruse certain areas of the bookstore, pick a book and read the first few pages. If they appeal to me, I usually end up buying it. On a rare, maybe never occasion I find a book that Oprah had on her reading list. Most of the ones I'd prefer hearing about through word of mouth from friends. I'm not a horror reader or thriller novel. I like what is interesting and I can sit through. So, judging by what my book likes are if you (the reader) has read between the lines, do you have any books you think I'd be interested in??

No comments:

Post a Comment